Sweet potato wedges are the tastiest side or snack, and dipping them in this healthy almond pesto makes them even tastier! These wedges are so much more nutrient dense than regular white potato fries, and will leave you feeling nourished and bright eyed thanks to the beta-carotene!
Ingredients for sweet potatoes:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- olive oil to coat wedges
- sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp. fresh or dried dill
Ingredients for pesto:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed down into measuring cup)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup almonds (soaked for 2 hours or more in water makes the pesto creamier)
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt (or more to taste)
- *option to add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese for flavor if not vegan
How to make the sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedges
- Coat with olive oil
- Sprinkle salt and dill on top of wedges, and mix all together
- Bake for 30 minutes – or 40 minutes if you like them on the crispier side
How to make the pesto:
- Pour basil leaves, soaked almonds, olive oil, garlic, and salt (+ parmesan if using) all into a food processor or blender.
- Bled on high speed for 5-7 minutes, until pesto is a creamy consistency.
- Pour into bowl, and dip sweet potato wedges in!