It’s officially fall!! So you’ve got to make warm pumpkin bread! Best part is no one will know it’s healthy!! The bread is super moist and tastes best hot out of the oven.
Ingredients: (makes 2 loaves)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups coconut sugar or honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 1/3 cups whole wheat flour (or gluten free flour blend)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs first then add sugar, oil, applesauce, pumpkin, and the spices. Make sure they’re mixed together well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a separate bowl.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and water into the rest of the batter.
- Divide the batter into the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour (until a toothpick comes out clean).